In May 1930, a temporary AAUW organization was formed with women from Fallbrook, Vista, Oceanside, Carlsbad, and Escondido, California. By October of that year, the Palomar Branch of AAUW was chartered with Mrs. Anthony as the first president. With time and gasoline rationing of World War II, the Fallbrook and Escondido members formed their own branches. What had been the Palomar Branch is now known as the Carlsbad-Oceanside-Vista Branch of AAUW.
The Branch has held many community forums, monthly branch meetings, and has many interest groups.